Starting Summer 2021
This summer, we are offering our first Environmental Stewardship Summer Camp for young women between the ages of 12-15.
Our four separate one-week summer camp programs are geared toward those who have interests in the outdoors, hiking, nature, birding, environmental science, and environmental stewardship. No prior experience in these fields is required.
Participants will experience Audubon's immersive hands-on approach to real-world, science-based learning that leads to building confidence in outdoor activities and adventure while having fun and gaining skills transferrable to everyday life.
During Each One-Week Program
- Learn about & practice sustainability
- Participate in a conservation or sustainability project
- Become immersed in field trip learning
- Strengthen connections to nature
- Practice Leave No Trace concepts
- Gain experience & confidence in the outdoors
- Build leadership skills
- Have fun and make lasting friendships
- Open to participants who gender-identify as female in the age range of 12-15 (as of June 1, 2021), and who have completed at least 6th grade.
- Small groups! No more than 6 participants each week.
- Camp hours: Monday-Friday 8:00a-12:00p
- Price is $300 per week
- Participants are limited to one week of camp per summer. Session dates are:
- June 7-11, 2021
- June 21-25, 2021
- July 5-9, 2021
- July 19-23, 2021
- Due to limited space, we require that a short application be completed no later than the Monday prior to the week of camp. Applications are available online at https://forms.gle/dcf1kcFK2GN3TWFV9. We recommend submitting applications as soon as possible for the best choice of camp dates and availability.
- If the application is accepted, next steps are filling out registration forms and a full non-refundable payment will be required to hold the participant's spot. Until payment is received, admission is not guaranteed. The final date payment will be accepted is the Wednesday of the week prior to camp, provided that space is still available for the accepted participant.
- Completed registration packets are due Friday the week prior to camp.
- Our full policies and procedures are detailed in the registration packet.
- Tuition covers all field trips and transportation.
- No meals are provided. Participants are encouraged to bring snacks if desired.
- We will begin accepting drop-offs in the mornings at 7:30a. Participants must be dropped off by 8:00a.
- Pickup begins at noon and all participants must be picked up by 12:30p.
- For the safety of all participants, we cannot accept participants at drop-off that do not have a complete registration.
- Participants should bring at least two face masks to camp each day.
- Participants will be required to wear masks when:
- In close proximity to others and social distancing cannot be adhered to, especially when indoors
- Riding in our van
- When required by any facility we visit
- If a participant tests positive for COVID-19 or is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, they will not be able to return to camp. No refunds will be provided.
- If a participant becomes sick (runs a fever, experiences diarrhea, or is vomiting), but does not exhibit other symptoms of COVID-19, the participant must not return to camp until all symptoms of illness have subsided for at least a full 24-hour period.
- Audubon will not require COVID testing or temperature checks. Participation will require adult signature on a liability waiver.
Dogwood Canyon Audubon Center does not offer refunds on camp registration. Please consider purchasing a protection plan through a third party. If you choose to purchase a protection plan, you may do so through any company or organization offering the policy that fits your needs. We do not require that a plan be purchased from any provider. Should you purchase a policy, please note that Dogwood Canyon Audubon Center is not affiliated with the provider, does not process claims, does not provide advice regarding a claim or policy, and does not make decisions on claims.
Please note that refunds are not provided when the registration process has not been completed, but the camp registration has been purchased.
Dogwood Canyon Audubon Center is an operation of National Audubon Society, Inc., a non-profit organization operating under Tax ID 13-1624102.
This program is not a day-care program and is not licensed as such by the State of Texas.