Overnight tent camping and field investigations outdoors at Cedar Hill State Park or indoors at Dogwood Canyon Audubon Center. We can also bring this program to your campus with appropriate alterations based on your natural resources and campus policies.
Bring your sleeping bags and we’ll take care of the rest! Check-in at 6:00pm and depart by 11:00am the next day.
We customize programming to meet your students' needs. Choose from STEM, adaptations, species identification, scientific method, food webs, habitats, night hikes, conservation activities, animal encounters, introductory camping & more.
Programs can be TEKS-aligned if desired.
5th - 12th
- Cedar Hill State Park (outdoors)
- Dogwood Canyon Audubon Center (indoors)
- Your campus (indoors or outdoors)
Pricing and Other Information
- $25-50/person depending on number of students, location and other details.
- Price includes dinner, S'mores and breakfast
- Adults and students are charged
Program Length: Typically 6:00p-11:00a (overnight)
Maximums and minimums (total adults & students):
- Cedar Hill State Park: 30-75
- Dogwood Canyon Audubon Center: 10-25
- Your campus: 30-100
- If you have more than 100 students, please either book multiple dates or contact us to discuss holding the program at a retreat facility in Cedar Hill.
- Depending on budget and dates, programs can be held at a third-party retreat facility with dorms located in Cedar Hill. A ropes course is available.
- We can also do multi-night programs at all location options.
- If you are interested in a week-long outdoors program for your students, our Audubon Conservation Treks are perfect, and for students between the ages of 14-18 currently enrolled in a Title 1 high school, the cost is covered 100% by our generous sponsors. Audubon provides all equipment. Students only need to bring clothing, sturdy shoes and personal hygiene products.
Policies, Booking, and Contact
Please see our Policies, Booking and Contact page to proceed.
Download a PDF version our program list from our Academic Program Documents page.